Waiting

Right now in my devotions I've been reading throught the minor prophets. This morning I read Habakkuk and it was very encouraging. It seems like there are a lot of things in my life right now that are "in the works". In fact all of life is in various stages, and I'm not good at being patient. I always want to get there, or be done, or see the end. So theses verses were just what I needed.
Habakkuk says, "I will climb up into my watchtower now and wait to see what the Lord will
say to me and how he will answer." (2:1)
The Lord replies, " Write my answer in large, clear letters on a tablet so that a runner can
read it and tell everyone else." (2:2) "But these things I plan won't happen right away.
Slowly, steadily, surely the time approaches when the vision will be fullfilled. If it seems
slow wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." (2:3)

It's good to be reminded that it's all in God's hands and He knows what He is doing. I know that in periods of waiting my faith in God is always strengthened and I know that will be true again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absolute Trust & Complete Responsibility

back-up, my back-up, my back-up plan!

A Melody That Sounds Like a Memory