1/4 of a Century Old

Yesterday was my 25th Birthday. 25 seems old to me. It means I'm a quarter of the way to 100. Before yesterday 100 wasn't even on the radar. I was still a kid and that fact that I'm getting older didn't even occur to me. But yesterday I thought about it.

It was a great day though. It started with Jadon singing Happy Birthday to me and giving me the best gifts ever. I got new running shoes, new hiking boots and an awesome new back packing pack. What more could I ask for. Then it was off to Pella for the day. Pella is a cute touristy Dutch town. Our first stop was "Smokey Row" where we got coffee, talked and took lots of goofy pictures. Then we checked out some of the shops on the square and ended up buying really nice hiking socks for all of the Wyoming adventures we hope to enjoy.

After we had our fill of Dutch knick-knacks, pastries and shoes we ate lunch at the “Windmill CafĂ©”. It was delicious! I had Fish and Jadon had a gyro. Both were great.

With full stomachs we left Pella drove to Lake Red Rock which is nearby where I got to use my new gear. We went for a run around the lake and a hike so I could use all my new stuff. It was so much fun to be out in nature, breathing the fresh, muggy air (it’s Iowa) and feeling alive and strong. At the end we climbed a tower that overlooks the lake and relaxed on top until our legs stopped burning from the hundreds and hundreds of stairs.

Back at home we played with Maya, looked at all our pictures and rested for awhile. Then it was off to get Chinese for a Birthday supper and then back home for dessert and some good TV. It was perfect day. I got to spend it with the perfect person, and I got the perfect gifts. Couldn’t have been better. Thanks Jadon!




























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absolute Trust & Complete Responsibility

A Melody That Sounds Like a Memory

back-up, my back-up, my back-up plan!