Good Reads!

I just started reading a new book and Jadon and I started reading two new devotionals so I figured I'd comment on them in case you want to check them out.

The new book is called "Cries of the Heart" by Ravi Zacharias. I've only made it through half of the first chapter but I can tell that I'm going to enjoy it and get a lot out of it. Ravi Zacharias is a deep thinker and I like that. I like reading something and going WOW! I'll let you know what I learn as I move through the book.

Jadon also bought two new devotional books and they are both wonderful. One is collection of writings by Martin Luther and the other is collection of writing by C.S Lewis.

The devotional for today in the book by C.S. Lewis was about temperance. Lewis said that temperance isn't just not drinking alcohol. He said that temperance involves all of life, it's about doing everything in moderation. We can overindulge in lots of things and let them control us instead of God. It's so true - it reminded me to check myself and make sure that I am temperant in everything. Only God should rule my life. Good thoughts C.S. Lewis!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absolute Trust & Complete Responsibility

back-up, my back-up, my back-up plan!

A Melody That Sounds Like a Memory