National Laughter Month

I think I have an idea. September should be National Laughter Month. I love laughing. I love comedy. I love a good joke. I love watching people trip. I could go on.

So, I'm going to find at least one thing to laugh at every day this month and if I'm not laughing to hard I'll try and post it so that you can have a good chuckle yourself

Here's some good news about laughter:

In two US studies, doctors have found that 15 minutes of laughter a day is good for the vascualr system. They found that the blood flowed more freely in 9 out of 10 people while they were laughing, with average blood flow increasing some 22 percent. The physical benefits of laughing were similar to those people get when exercising, without the aches and pains. But -- we're not off the hook -- doctors say that we should continue to exercise at least three times a week.

So... I have the perfect workout. Put on your running shoes and grap two joke books. I recommend "The Far Side" & "Brevity". Alternate running for 5 minutes with walking and reading a joke from either book. Laugh heartily and then return to jogging. Continue for 30 minutes and TADA! you've had the best and funniest workout ever. An alternative to this is jogging through a city park and watching the people. People are funny I don't care who you are. Just watch and enjoy!

On that note, I think I'll sign off and go for a laughing jog myself.

Tune in tommorrow for a good joke!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absolute Trust & Complete Responsibility

back-up, my back-up, my back-up plan!

A Melody That Sounds Like a Memory