What to do with a Sunday Afternoon

I don't know if anyone else can relate but Sundays are wonderful and hard at the same time. Church went great today. There were 40 people in the service, the singing was great, the message was great (go Jadon woo! woo!), I loved seeing everyone and talking before and after the service.... but..... then I'm drained. I always come home after church pumped up and then about 1:30 it all catches up to me and I'm done in.

The thing is that I don't know what to do with myself. If you are a "napper" that's when you take your Sunday afternoon nap, if you are a "football watcher" that's when you watch football. The problem is that I am a "goer" that means that I like to go, go, go. So when I'm completely pooped I don't know what to do with myself.

It actually reminds me of our dog Maya before she lays down to sleep. She paces and paces and acts so agitated and then she collapses on the floor. That's how I feel. I try and do lots of things and none of them really work so I just end up more frustrated and tired.

I used to watch TV and cut coupons on Sunday afternoons. It was mindless and relaxing, and after an hour of that I was ready to go again. But Kemmerer doesn't have a Sunday paper or coupons so I don't know what to do with myself. I'm in the pacing mode, trying to figure out how best to recharge on Sundays in Kemmerer Wyoming.

I'll let you know when I figure it out - your ideas are welcome.

P.S. - I'm not a napper or a football watcher

Comments

  1. From Gretchen:

    Read a book, call someone in your
    family who's also pacing-- like
    me, just go ahead and take a nap- its Sunday, email, read Esther Reid
    by Isabella Reid (its on fullbooks.com) I've been doing that for many months and haven't finished it yet, but I like it.
    Fictional inspirational type writing. Or cut your toenails,
    take a bath,-- but always relax!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Absolute Trust & Complete Responsibility

A Melody That Sounds Like a Memory

back-up, my back-up, my back-up plan!