dOG wALKING wEEK

We have a LARGE SIBERIAN HUSKY - Mountie.  I love him to death, but I hate walking him.  He is severely dominant and insists on going where he wants, when he wants, to mark what he wants.  Sadly, when I am on the other end of his leash, I am at his mercy and I get walked more than him.  I dig in my heels, yank on the leash, say, "NO" etc. to no avail.  It ends up being a "drag-fest" till he is worn out and then we actually manage to walk down the street in a respectable manner.  I'm telling you that because I'm having a "dog-walking" week.  I haven't actually walked the dogs 1 time, however I feel like I'm constantly walking them.  This week has been insanely busy and hectic and I feel like I'm just barely holding on, digging in my heels and being dragged all over the place.  I would like to throw up my hands and cry "mercy" but if I let go of that leash I'll lose it all together. 

My only consolation is that we are leaving tomorrow to go to Moab for the Moab Marathon.  I don't even care about the race right now.  I'm just excited to get away from all the busyness and sit in the Tahoe for a few hours and talk to Jadon, listen to music and not have anything dragging me. 

So, I have one more day of "holding on" - here it goes......

Comments

  1. I know how you feel about being dragged along for the ride. It's a guess as to who's going to get worn out first! Have fun this weekend! I hope it's good weather!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Absolute Trust & Complete Responsibility

A Melody That Sounds Like a Memory

back-up, my back-up, my back-up plan!